We’d like to thank all our sponsors and donors. Their generous contributions went to all the participants, coaches and volunteers.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
1st place Varsity Team receives an all-expense paid trip to Ocean Springs, MS for National NOSB Finals, April 23 to 26, 2015, a Sea Lion Bowl engraved team trophy, Sea Lion Bowl medallions, and the first choice of a team marine science activity prize.
All other winning teams including 2nd, 3rd and 4th place Varsity, 1st and 2nd place Junior Varsity, and recipients of the Sportsmanship and Team Spirit Awards, will each receive a Sea Lion Bowl engraved team trophy, Sea Lion Bowl medallions, and a choice of a team marine science activity prize. Non-winning teams receive a guided tour of The Marine Mammal Center on a specified date.
The 2015 team marine science activity prizes include:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium behind-the-scenes tour and visit to Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Stanford’s Hopkins Marine Station Exploration Day
- Romberg Tiburon Research Institute Tour and Activity
- San Francisco Whale Tour and a classroom poster from the American Cetacean Society
- Call of the Sea Sailing Adventure and a classroom poster from the American Cetacean Society
- Sacramento State Aquatics Center for Tandem Canoeing or Kayaking Adventure
- Tickets to the California Academy of Sciences
- Visit to the Bay Model Center of the San Francisco Delta Bay/River System Audio Tour and Guide
All participants and coaches receive a t-shirt, a drawstring bag, two Aquarium of the Bay tickets, Pier 39 Fun Pack booklet, Starbucks re-usable cup, and Rite in the Rain all-weather paper notepad.
1st Place Varsity: $50 Gift Certificate to Leave Only Bubbles and 1 year membership to the National Marine Educators Association.
1st Place Junior Varsity: Marine Science Institute Eco Tour Voyage for 2.
All winning coaches receive a 1 year subscriptions to Bay Nature Magazine or a 1 year membership to the Marine Sciences Institute. All coaches receive a 1 year membership to Southwest Marine Educators Association and a special Bay Nature Magazine edition. Non-winning coaches will receive a signed copy of Stanford Professors Stephen Palumbi’s book The Extreme Life of the Sea or Mark Denny’s book How the Ocean Works. All schools receive a 2 year subscription to Tide Log.